[Serusers] RADIUS authentication: draft-sterman-aaa-sip

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at voztele.com
Mon Nov 3 11:40:21 CET 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Jiri Kuthan wrote:

> Unfortunately, there is now no standard for use of RADIUS along
> with SIP. SER users leveraging the combination of these two
> technologies are left with implementation of expired internet
> drafts. There are some chances that the IETF community revitalizes
> the document.
>
> Thus, I would appreciate hearing if any of the active RADIUS/SIP/SER
> users have had any issues with the RADIUS authentication in SER,
> which is based on draft-sterman-aaa-sip.

Ser radius authentication works quite well. Radiusclient library has something
similar to redundancy that allows use more than one radius frontend with the
same backend (database, ldap, etc).

We are using Radiator as radius server and we just needed to make some
modifications in the dictionary files to make work SER and Radiator together.

I think authentication is ok and i only would like to see added a timestamp
attribute in the Start/Stop accounting records.

Saludos
JesusR.

Jesus Rodriguez
VozTelecom Sistemas, S.L.