[Serusers] Behaviour of SER with private parameters in request URI

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Mar 13 19:52:40 CET 2003

Hello David,

The spec doesn't say anything about how a new Request-URI should be
constructed for requests being forwarded.

SER simply replaces Request-URI with contact registered by user and
forwards it, that's not a bug, that was intentional. The new Request-URI
is a completely new one so it imho makes no sense to copy some parameters
from the old one (this may potentially lead to a conflict).

You can add another header field or use the body if you need to pass
some information to the other side. Request-URI is not very good place
for such data because it will be rewritten in each proxy along the path.

  regards, Jan.