[Serusers] Behaviour of SER with private parameters in request URI

David.Rio at alcatel.fr David.Rio at alcatel.fr
Thu Mar 13 18:01:38 CET 2003

Hello all

I am using SER as a proxy server.
Please let's consider the following scenario

1/ Step 1

A UAC registers to SER

 ---------
|  SER  |
 ---------
       ^
       | REGISTER for 'service at logical-element.domain' contact
'service at host'

 ---------
|  UAC  |
 ---------

2/ Step 2

Another UAC tries to reach the previously registered user BUT WITH
PRIVATE PARAMETERS in request URI

 ----------
|  UAC   |
 ----------

INVITE service at logical-element.domain;param1=value1;param2=value2
 ---------
|  SER  |
 ---------

       |     INVITE service at host (sol 1)
       |     or INVITE service at host;param1=value1;param2=value2 (sol 2)
 ---------
|  UAC  |
 ---------

The translation from service at logical-element.domain to service at host is
done in SER  using 'lookup'.

3/ Problem :

I observe that SER when translating the user at host part of the request
URI does not recopy the private parameters,
what I expected it to do.

=> I can not find any clear position in RFC 3261 (from my understanding
of the RFC).
Is it a bug in SER or does SER really implement the behaviour a standard
SIP proxy should have ?

Thanks for your answers

--
David Rio