[Serusers] remote connections

Mat Harris mat.harris at genestate.com
Thu Mar 13 18:25:07 CET 2003

hi, I have just today started playing with SIPS at work and found ser fun.

BTW, all the following is done with micro$oft messenger 4.6 for testing (eugh!)

I have set it all up at home and am trying to connect from work. I know the
connection is getting through the firewall because a tcpdump shows all the
expected results, and I know that ser is running ok, because I can login from
my home workstations.

Does ser do any sort of access control based on ip addresses that may be
causing it to reject my external connections?

Also, I have set up the realm with mysql authentication and I can communicate
with others on the same domain, but should I be able to communicate with
other sips users of other private networks (as long as they allow it) without
any configuration.

Do I have to do something to make that work?

cheers, and well done with a very easy to quick to install product, my boss
loves it

--
Mat Harris			OpenGPG Public Key ID: C37D57D9
mat.harris at genestate.com	www.genestate.com