[Serusers] Rewriting URI

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Jan 31 22:11:35 CET 2003

At 11:16 PM 1/30/2003, Greg Fausak wrote:
>I'm trying to forward to a VOIP gateway hosted by
>Nikotel.  They are keying on the @domain in the to-uri.
>I cannot get the to-uri to rewrite to their domain.
>What is the trick?  I just got off the phone with someone
>at Nikotel and they said that iptel is working with
>their gateway.

Well, I would personally not recommend to use "To" for
some call-processing decisions -- request uri is thought
for that purpose and has great flexibility which To does
not have for many reasons.

>Another similar question.  My setup works by:
>1) My customer sends an invite for 9725551212 at mydomain.com
>2) I authenticate with my customer with www-authorize
>3) I forward the packet using least cost routing, normally
>   to an external sip gateway.  Hoever, the SIP INVITE request
>   that I'm forwarding has become polluted with my authentication
>   with my customer.  Is there some way to remove that authentication
>   from the INVITE before relaying to SIP PSTN gateway?

consume_credentials should be able to remove verified credentials.

>4) Is there someway to change the To: uri to be
>9725551212 at SIPGATEWAY.com???

Generally, everything is doable, the question is whether it would not
be better to make the company change its mind, and use r-rui (rather
than creating some patchwork.)

-jiri