[Serusers] Rewriting URI

Jan Janak J.Janak at sh.cvut.cz
Thu Jan 30 23:37:05 CET 2003

Greg, comments inline.

On 30-01 16:16, Greg Fausak wrote:
> I'm trying to forward to a VOIP gateway hosted by
> Nikotel.  They are keying on the @domain in the to-uri.
> I cannot get the to-uri to rewrite to their domain.

  To URI cannot be rewritten. Only Request URI can be changed.
  Proxy is not supposed to touch To header URI because it must not
  change.

> What is the trick?  I just got off the phone with someone
> at Nikotel and they said that iptel is working with
> their gateway.

  What exactly is the problem ? Do you have some ngrep dump of the
  message exchange with the gateway ? Could you provide us with
  more details ?

> Another similar question.  My setup works by:
> 1) My customer sends an invite for 9725551212 at mydomain.com
> 2) I authenticate with my customer with www-authorize
> 3) I forward the packet using least cost routing, normally
>    to an external sip gateway.  Hoever, the SIP INVITE request
>    that I'm forwarding has become polluted with my authentication
>    with my customer.  Is there some way to remove that authentication
>    from the INVITE before relaying to SIP PSTN gateway?

  Yes, there is function consume_credentials in auth module which removes
  the authorized credentials. What version of ser do you have ? If I recall
  correctly there was a bug in the function in older versions, I will send
  you a patch if necessarry.

   regards, Jan.