[Serusers] Rewriting URI

Greg Fausak greg at august.net
Thu Jan 30 23:16:19 CET 2003

I'm trying to forward to a VOIP gateway hosted by
Nikotel.  They are keying on the @domain in the to-uri.
I cannot get the to-uri to rewrite to their domain.
What is the trick?  I just got off the phone with someone
at Nikotel and they said that iptel is working with
their gateway.

Another similar question.  My setup works by:
1) My customer sends an invite for 9725551212 at mydomain.com
2) I authenticate with my customer with www-authorize
3) I forward the packet using least cost routing, normally
   to an external sip gateway.  Hoever, the SIP INVITE request
   that I'm forwarding has become polluted with my authentication
   with my customer.  Is there some way to remove that authentication
   from the INVITE before relaying to SIP PSTN gateway?
4) Is there someway to change the To: uri to be
9725551212 at SIPGATEWAY.com???

---greg
Greg Fausak