[Serusers] Problem creating mysql database

Franz Edler franz.edler at utanet.at
Thu Dec 4 11:13:29 CET 2003

Hello,
I am using SuSE Linux 9.0 and try to run SER 0.8.11.

SER is now already running and the next step for me is to add the mySQL
database.

During installation of ser_mysql package I ran into a package inconsistency
because SER 0.8.11 requires libmysqlclient.so.10 and SuSE Linux 9.0 uses
libmysqlclient.so.12. Full of hope I ignored the warning and the situation
is now the following:

MySQL server is running.
I called /usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh.
But the mySQL management tool command "SHOW DATABASES" shows only two
databases mySQL and test, where I also expected ser.
When I issue the mySQL management tool command "SELECT * FROM USER" I get
the error "ERROR 1046: No database selected"

Has anyone an idea what I can do?
Is the problem caused by the ignored inconsistencies of
libmysqlclient.so.1x?

Franz