[OpenSER-Docs] module docs: internal anchors

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:31:00 CET 2008

Hello,

first, after reviewing a bit latest changes to module docs, I discovered
that we renamed module_user.xml to module_admin.xml, but we forgot about
chapter's title, it is still "User's guide". Should we replace it with
something more suggestive?

Second, coming to something was a bit touched in past discussions. It is
about adding ID attribute to sections and examples. That will help to
get persistent links inside a document. The issue is that we have
modules with same parameter name, also, perhaps modules with many
sections for same function (with different number of parameters), so we
should come up with some rules to avoid conflicts.

A pattern can be:
- for functions: modulename_f_functionname (plus 1 or 2 if there are
many sections for same function)
- for parameters: modulename_p_parametername
- for mi commands: modulename_mi_commandname
- for PVs: modulename_pv_pvname
- for the rest of sections: modulename_someuniqueid

In this way we ensure naming space within module. The bad might be that
modulename is quite long sometime, alternative will be to allocate an ID
per module, but we get to these IDs management, which, makes no sense,
in my opinion. In addition, having a clear pattern for ids, will help to
write the links by hart, although this is not something that important.

Updates will be done as we go, but we should enforce for new additions.

Any comments?