[OpenSER-Docs] module documentation sgml to xml migration

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Mar 11 19:15:45 CET 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> > [..]
> > This big revision string is probably a little bit overkill. Perhaps we
> > can use either: only the svn revision, or the date of the last change?
> > The former has more advantages for the developer/ writer, the last one is
> > probably better understandable for the reader.
>
> At this time, there are revision numbers for each chapter (admin, devel,
> faq, ...) and they reflect svn commit revision for that specif file.
> Having up to 3 or 4 such numbers in same readme might be confusing.
> keeping one in the master, will not reflect changes, as module.xml is
> the less updated. Good alternative will be to find a way to add the svn
> revision at generation time (as we get it now with compilation of
> openser and it is reflected in openser -v). I think it is possible with
> xml, to give a parameter value in the command line (needs investigation).

Hi Daniel,

there is only one revision per module documentation, this was removed during
the cleanups that Edson did. But to keep this in the master document is only
not that useful, you're right. I think that your suggestion to use the same
revision like in the 'openser -V' output is reasonable. This way its easily
checkable that the documentation matches installed binaries.

Cheers,

Henning