[OpenSER-Docs] Doc Improvements

Edson 4lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:53:07 CET 2008

Morgen, Henning...

About Your concerns, I'd answer "yes and no"... I agree that this are
tecnichal information and are generated in an "automatic" way (Doxygen)... I
also know how usefull it can be to an advanced user who whats/need to know
what a especific function will do. Only to defend this point, last week (or
so) there was a discussion on IRC where Ovidus rose a point that was not
covered by the documentation and also nos stated on Doxygen: what changes
where introduced by a function on the SIP-Message or on the internal
parameters (like timers, PV, etc).

Getting back on what You wrote, I also agree that this kind of information
don't belong to a README file, but since this is the only module
documentation available nowadays, sorry, but, where should this information
belong to? Where should they be defined?

In my modest oppinion, the README, even thinked as an user introduction doc,
is today the best point to insert this kind of information. In a strutured
way, for sure.

Another consideration is that You say that Doxygen changes, but I think that
this is valid only for trunk version. Stable ones are more immutable. So the
inter-dependence graphs could be inserted (not in TXT version, but in HTML,
PDF, etc). But if You asked me how to integrate them, I have to be honest
and say that just know I really don't know... I can figure that in DOCs
compilation, Doxigen has to be runned, but that's another story... ;)

Edson