[OpenSER-Docs] First Clean-up Patch for Documentation

Edson 4lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 00:26:29 CET 2008

Hi, Daniel... Guys...

So let's try to draw a first to-do list, so that the work can begin...

1- Migrate the existing DOCs from SGML to XML format:
   I'm not a DocBook expert but Henning and I already changed some thoughts
   on this. What's not clear to me is if this is just a translation matter
   or also a diagramatic problem? Translation is some kind of direct work,
   while diagramatic requires a previous discussion.

2- Suppress and/or Agregate new DOCs:
   Clean-up empty files (with a sort of "no content") is require, since
   there information can be gatered elsewhere, but agregate new DOCs is
   a sort of "asking for problems" approach, so I would say that some
   skeleton/template has to be defined. This has to become before this
   agregation issue. But this arises a problem: wich is the best 'skeleton'?
   Which kind of documentation will be present? How to automate it?

So this two points brings:
1- Documentation structure Skeleton/Template;
2- Documents Skeleton/Template defining chapter and, maybe, minimum section
   contents, definition of origin (directly from code? From Doxygen?) and,
   most important, responsibilities;
3- XML Style that translate/implement this skeleton/templates;
4- Conversion of actual SGML format to some DocBook-XML format;

Each of this points should define a milestone by itself and its end it could
be marked with IRC meeting where the results could be presented and
discussed.

Please these are only thoughs... so fell free to add more points and/or
point me wrongs approaches.

Edson