[OpenSER-Docs] First Clean-up Patch for Documentation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:20:26 CET 2008

Hello Edson,

your points are very good. It is the skeleton/template we have to define
primary. Here I see couple of items you should take in consideration:
- ability to generate standalone readme per module and aggregate all in
single document. Perhaps here we can have two documets in each module,
one that will have the head/tag of a book, and the other, head/tag of a
chapter -- they will be very small, just including the other documents.
- module names, parameters name, function names, PV names, ..., must be
clearly marked so we can extract very easy the index. You did the
with the current structure.
- the generated html formats should have all the time same anchor for
parameters, functions, a.s.o, so that the reference will stay the same,
even new elements are introduced. If I am not wrong, that is possible by
setting an unique 'id'. In this way, links sent to mailing list, in the
indexes, will be persistent over the years.

To my first point, a proposal of files will be
- name_book.xml - will have structure of a book and include name.xml
- name_chapter.xml - will have structure of a chapter and include
name.xml (to investigate whether won't be same as name.xml)
- name.xml - similar to what is now name.sgml -- details about author,
editor, etc... and include the other files
- name_admin.xml - will contain the documentation for administrators --
same as name_users.sgml, just the 'users' is a bit unclear and thought
'admin' might be better
- name_devel.xml. and others will be added as needed