[sr-dev] git:master:063e6a02: core: increase SHM memory pool to 128 MB

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 08:32:34 CET 2019

Hello,

On 25.11.19 20:57, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> from time to time there are reports that people run into issues after trying to load larger data sets into the memory (e.g. with routing tables).

As I said, I haven't noticed any such report and actually I just
searched now on site:lists.kamailio.org for the past year and I couldn't
find anything.

> I also thought about the system package files, if its ok I would also check them to increase it as well to 128 MB.

Personally I didn't meet any case lately where the default value has to
be changed for shm and the defaults should be for the avearage use of
Kamailio -- that's the reason I wanted to know about some of these cases.

I do not want to get Kamailio look greedy in resources because the
defaults are tuned for corner cases. I did increase many of the internal
buffers/sizes whenerver there were related reports, but didn't noticed
the default shm is even getting closer to being filled up for new comers
playing with kamailio.

If there is a need for such increase for new comers, I would rather keep
the default in the source code lower and increase it in startup scripts.
Who starts from command line is expected to have some knowledge about
its parameters, easily set the -M and -m.

Kamailio World Conference - April 27-29, 2020, in Berlin -- www.kamailioworld.com