[sr-dev] http_async

Camille Oudot camille.oudot at orange.com
Thu Feb 4 12:23:32 CET 2016

Hi Olle,

thanks for your feedback. We're going to fix the documentation issues
you spotted.

> - Add a note about the need to load TLS module first (like I just did
> in http_client docs)

The openssl library initialization is done by the tls module before any
other mod_init(), so as far as I understand it, the load order does not
matter.

To me, the real concern is that the openssl library will be initialized
several times if several modules or libraries want to use openssl in
the same process space (this is the case for example when using the TLS
module and another module using libcurl).

> - http_set_ssl_cert should have “tls” instead of “ssl”. SSL is bad.

We spoke about this one, "ssl" reflects the names int the curl API. If
we totally disable SSL though, it makes sense to use "tls".

> - I still think we need to discuss the way you have to run functions
> to set parameters for a coming function call.
> (...)
> What if that function doesn’t happen, will all these values be reset
> for the next message processed in that process?

Good point, that is not addressed yet: we have to figure a way to reset
all the values previously set when a new message is processed.
Currently, they are reset when the HTTP query is sent.

--
Camille