[sr-dev] RTPEngine - REDIS Plugin

Carlos Ruiz Díaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Mon May 4 16:06:26 CEST 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Pawel Kuzak <pawel.kuzak at 1und1.de> wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> we are interested in this plug-in. Do you have any experience with
> RTPengine using this feature? I mean, did this plug-in work fine with
> RTPengine 3.3? Is this plug-in fully functional despite the fact that it
> does not work with recent RTPengine versions or are there any known
> limitations/bugs/missing features?

I don't know if any part of the code was modified to add/remove features,
but if it is exactly as it was originally implemented, it works fine with
rtpengine 3.3 and the only (and important) limitation it has is that it is
unable to restore DTLS connections.

This, somewhat important, limitation is due to my lack of knowledge on the
matter, but it shouldn't be difficult to implement for someone that is
knowledgeable on the subject.

Regards,
Carlos

> We recently added some features to the RTPengine project and thus are
> working with the master branch. Because we also need this redundancy
> feature, we thought about implementing it all by ourselves. We didn't know
> about your project, but we eventually would bring the time to bring this
> plug-in up-to-date. So your mail came just in time :)
>
> Greetings,
> Paul
>

> You mail came just in time :) .
>
> On 04.05.2015 14:35, Carsten Bock wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> several months ago, we've implemented a plugin for RTPEngine to
>> synchronize it with a REDIS-Database. This allows RTPEngine to operate
>> in a HA, as you can restart RTPEngine and/or make a failover to
>> another machine with the same IP (e.g. using Heartbeat or similar),
>> WITHOUT LOOSING ACTIVE SESSIONS.
>>
>> This enhancement was originally implemented by Carlos Ruiz Diaz.
>>
>> Due to lack of time, it still requires RTPEngine 3.3 and needs an
>> update, to work with later versions.
>>
>> It can be found here:
>> https://github.com/ngvoice/rtpengine-redis-plugin
>>
>> If anyone is interested in contributing to this extension, please ping
>> me and i will happily add you as a contributor.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carsten

Carlos
http://caruizdiaz.com