[sr-dev] RTPEngine - REDIS Plugin

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon May 4 16:11:53 CEST 2015

Hi,

Issues/Limitations:
- probably, we should also do some more/heavy Loadtesting, even though
it was thoroughly tested
- fix some compiler warnings ;-)
- as Carlos mentioned: The DTLS stuff....

Those are the issues/limitations, i am aware of.

Thanks,
Carsten

> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Pawel Kuzak <pawel.kuzak at 1und1.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Carsten,
>>
>> we are interested in this plug-in. Do you have any experience with
>> RTPengine using this feature? I mean, did this plug-in work fine with
>> RTPengine 3.3? Is this plug-in fully functional despite the fact that it
>> does not work with recent RTPengine versions or are there any known
>> limitations/bugs/missing features?
>

> I don't know if any part of the code was modified to add/remove features,
> but if it is exactly as it was originally implemented, it works fine with
> rtpengine 3.3 and the only (and important) limitation it has is that it is
> unable to restore DTLS connections.
>
> This, somewhat important, limitation is due to my lack of knowledge on the
> matter, but it shouldn't be difficult to implement for someone that is
> knowledgeable on the subject.
>
> Regards,
> Carlos
>

>> We recently added some features to the RTPengine project and thus are
>> working with the master branch. Because we also need this redundancy
>> feature, we thought about implementing it all by ourselves. We didn't know
>> about your project, but we eventually would bring the time to bring this
>> plug-in up-to-date. So your mail came just in time :)
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Paul
>>

>> You mail came just in time :) .
>>
>> On 04.05.2015 14:35, Carsten Bock wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> several months ago, we've implemented a plugin for RTPEngine to
>>> synchronize it with a REDIS-Database. This allows RTPEngine to operate
>>> in a HA, as you can restart RTPEngine and/or make a failover to
>>> another machine with the same IP (e.g. using Heartbeat or similar),
>>> WITHOUT LOOSING ACTIVE SESSIONS.
>>>
>>> This enhancement was originally implemented by Carlos Ruiz Diaz.
>>>
>>> Due to lack of time, it still requires RTPEngine 3.3 and needs an
>>> update, to work with later versions.
>>>
>>> It can be found here:
>>> https://github.com/ngvoice/rtpengine-redis-plugin
>>>
>>> If anyone is interested in contributing to this extension, please ping
>>> me and i will happily add you as a contributor.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Carsten

> --
> Carlos
> http://caruizdiaz.com

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-0
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/