[sr-dev] Proposed Change to DMQ Notification Address Resolution

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Mon Mar 23 16:59:33 CET 2015

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your patch. At quick glance it looks great but I will take a
closer look over the next 24 hours and report back.

It is in my opinion a worthwhile addition and your time is very much
appreciated.

Kind regards,

Charles

On 20 March 2015 at 20:46, Robert Boisvert <rdboisvert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Charles,
>
> I coded and tested the attached patch based on 4.2.3 code.  So as not to
> disturb current functionality, I add a modparam called "multi_notify".
> When set to a non-zero value it loads all IPs returned by the SIP URI,
> including those provided by DNS SRV records.
>
> With regard to your point about the notifications being sent to all nodes
> in the cluster, I noticed that if hosts A, B and C send notifications to D
> and D is not available when the cluster starts DMQ will not function even
> if D comes up some time later.  However, if I create a SRV record or A
> records that resolve to hosts D and E and send notifications to that group
> with multi_notify set to 1 then the cluster will always function as long
> as one either D or E is functional.  Even in a well-designed network
> servers may be unavailable for a period of time so this redundancy allows
> functionality to be preserved during downtime.
>
> We are having good success with this current patch and would like to
> request that it be mainstreamed.
>
> Thanks for considering this request and for your help,
> Bob

*Charles Chance*
Managing Director

t. 0121 285 4400    m. 07932 063 891

--
www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,
Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.