[sr-dev] Registrar - check for local path

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 19:20:55 CET 2015

On 09/01/15 19:00, Charles Chance wrote:
> Hey Victor,
>
> On 9 January 2015 at 17:57, Victor Seva
> <linuxmaniac at torreviejawireless.org
> <mailto:linuxmaniac at torreviejawireless.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/09/2015 06:54 PM, Charles Chance wrote:
>     > Would anyone like to review the final changes, before I merge
>     them into
>     > master?
>
>     I usually use pull-request to get some feedback. Just my 2 cents.
>

> Thanks - are pull requests the preferred choice now we're on GitHub?

For external contributors (no direct commit access), probably is more
convenient due to the option to review and make comments inline the patch.

Otherwise, it can be from case to case, more or less the preference of
the developer. If it something that needs a larger review, probably the
pull request web interface on github offers more tools and ensures that
the discussion is not lost on mailing list. Practically is like
alternative to what we used to open a bug tracker item for a patch.

It seems it allows to do pull requests even from branches of kamailio
project, as I can see you did the pull request already.  I expected that
it required to fork the repository on personal github account, do
changes and then make the pull request. That would have been heavy in my
opinion for devs with commit access.

Given the above, I would consider pull requests as 'preferred' instead
of opening tracker issues with patches. But again, not enforced (or at
least not now, until majority considers is the best to do).