[sr-dev] Registrar - check for local path

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Fri Jan 9 19:45:05 CET 2015

Yes, given that it is possible to do between branches of the same repo, I
vote for it being preferred also.

Thanks again,

Charles
 On 9 Jan 2015 18:21, "Daniel-Constantin Mierla" <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/01/15 19:00, Charles Chance wrote:
>
> Hey Victor,
>
> On 9 January 2015 at 17:57, Victor Seva <
> linuxmaniac at torreviejawireless.org> wrote:
>
>> On 01/09/2015 06:54 PM, Charles Chance wrote:
>> > Would anyone like to review the final changes, before I merge them into
>> > master?
>>
>> I usually use pull-request to get some feedback. Just my 2 cents.
>>

>  Thanks - are pull requests the preferred choice now we're on GitHub?
>
>   For external contributors (no direct commit access), probably is more
> convenient due to the option to review and make comments inline the patch.
>
> Otherwise, it can be from case to case, more or less the preference of the
> developer. If it something that needs a larger review, probably the pull
> request web interface on github offers more tools and ensures that the
> discussion is not lost on mailing list. Practically is like alternative to
> what we used to open a bug tracker item for a patch.
>
> It seems it allows to do pull requests even from branches of kamailio
> project, as I can see you did the pull request already.  I expected that it
> required to fork the repository on personal github account, do changes and
> then make the pull request. That would have been heavy in my opinion for
> devs with commit access.
>
> Given the above, I would consider pull requests as 'preferred' instead of
> opening tracker issues with patches. But again, not enforced (or at least
> not now, until majority considers is the best to do).
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel-Constantin Mierlahttp://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,
Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.