[sr-dev] htable add/delete RPC commands

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 20:52:06 CET 2014

Hello,

On 22/02/14 22:29, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Ovidiu Sas writes:
>
>> I moved the discussion here, in a separate thread.
>> It seems that what are you looking for is not there ... not
>> implemented.
> yes, that is way is asked about it.
>
>> If you have the same key_name with different values in the table, the
>> last value will be the one loaded in memory.
>> You can't have an array of values for the same keys.
>
>> Also, there's no syntax to access a particular value in an array.
>> Maybe that's why there's no option to provide the value.
> see this:
>
> o key type - the type of the key
>
>      0 - simple key - the key is added as 'key_name'.
>
>      1 - array key - the key is added as 'key_name[n]'. n is incremented
>      for each key with this name to build an array in hash table.

for clarifications, this is still a single key item in memory, just its
format is made 'key_name[n]'. Hash tables by definition work with unique
key indexing.

So adding such items in the hash table should be like:

kamctl mi sht_add ht0 'abc[0]' v0
kamctl mi sht_add ht0 'abc[1]' v1
kamctl mi sht_add ht0 'abc::size' 2