[sr-dev] New Presence Event Package

David Lake (dlake) dlake at cisco.com
Thu May 24 19:06:32 CEST 2012

Hi

Please excuse the newbie posting, but I really need some help !

I want to expand Kamailio to act as an OMA PoC Server.  To do this, I
need to build some floor-control using TBCP and add logic to select
speakers, etc, which I can do.

But....  Before I even do that, I need to support the PUBLISH event
"poc-settings"  This is where the client declares that it is a PoC
device and what it's status is (RFC 4354).  I've read, re-read and
re-re-read the documentation, but the architecture and how it impacts
the various modules is still unclear to me.

Here are my questions:

1)      I can see that presence_xml is where the "presence" and
"winfo...." events are handled.  Do I need to expand this to include
poc-settings ?

2)      The poc-settings per client are sent in the XML body.
Where/how does that get parsed, and is that then stored in the MySQL
database ?  Does that mean that I need to expand the parser to handle
the new poc-settings message ?  Does that also mean that I need to add
new elements to my openser database ?

Thanks in advance

David