[sr-dev] New Presence Event Package

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri May 25 00:35:33 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 5/24/12 7:06 PM, David Lake (dlake) wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please excuse the newbie posting, but I really need some help !
>
> I want to expand Kamailio to act as an OMA PoC Server.  To do this, I
> need to build some floor-control using TBCP and add logic to select
> speakers, etc, which I can do.
>
> But....  Before I even do that, I need to support the PUBLISH event
> "poc-settings"  This is where the client declares that it is a PoC
> device and what it's status is (RFC 4354).  I've read, re-read and
> re-re-read the documentation, but the architecture and how it impacts
> the various modules is still unclear to me.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1)I can see that presence_xml is where the "presence" and "winfo...."
> events are handled.  Do I need to expand this to include poc-settings ?

it might be better to write your own module, depends in the kind of
processing the presence server has to do. Look the other presence_*
modules that are smaller than presence_xml (e.g., presence_profile), it
should be easy to learn about how to add support for a new event type.

> 2)The poc-settings per client are sent in the XML body.   Where/how
> does that get parsed, and is that then stored in the MySQL database ?
> Does that mean that I need to expand the parser to handle the new
> poc-settings message ?  Does that also mean that I need to add new
> elements to my openser database ?

Published document is saved 'as is' by presence module (which is a
generic framework used by the other presence_* modules). I havent looked
at rfc4354 to see what exactly processing is required, but I don't
expect you need to extend the database. At this moment, the presence
server can deal without problem with different PUBLISH bodies (like xml
documents or text (for MWI)).