[sr-dev] Yum repos for Fedora

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Mon May 7 21:42:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

> FedoraProject.org ? :)
> No really - why not to import it directly into the Fedora repos? All
> you need is to register itself and fill so-called "Review Request"
> (for inclusion). I can help with this.

This sounds good, but I have a couple of questions about this...
- What are the testing requirements for Fedora?  I am happy to keep the
.spec file up-to-date, test install the RPMs, and do a sanity-check run of
Kamailio (for the architectures I need).  However, I don't have the time
to do (or interest in doing) any more intensive testing of the RPMs than
that (or on other architectures).
- Won't the differences between the Fedora and Kamailio release cycles
mean that the RPMs in Fedora are always out-of-date?  For example, it is
too late to get Kamailio 3.3.0 (which isn't released yet) into Fedora 17,
so that will have to wait until Fedora 18.  Kamailio 3.4.0 may become
available between F18 and F19, and if it does it won't be available in the
F18 repos.

With a specific repo it would be possible for people to keep up-to-date
with Kamailio if they want (which is what I am personally interested in
anyway).

That said, as long as it isn't too much extra work I am happy to help with
getting Kamailio into Fedora - but I'd still think some
dedicated/up-to-date repo would be useful too.

Regards,

Peter