[sr-dev] IMS branch

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:49:01 CEST 2011

Hi Kamal,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM, kamal koubaa <kamal.koubaa at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Carsten, Jason and Klaus,
>
> Thank you for this nice discussion, it's good to know others motivations
> :).
> I am very new to this project, and am starting my master thesis
> project that is too close to what you do, my project is about
> interconnecting IMS users and H.248 users

'interconnecting' - what do you mean by this? I would imagine this is a
simple gateway function so I'm not quite sure to what extent you want to
interconnect? maybe you can elaborate?

> , for the H.248 part am
> working on SmallMGC "http://www.smallmgc.org/" and for the IMS side am
> trying to use SIP Router, if I succeed to use SmallMGC  as a module to
> SIP Router I would be able to get SIP Router top act as an AGCF and

I don't think SR/Kamailio is the correct place to build a gateway. For a
University POC, maybe, but I would imagine it would be far better to build
it as a separate AGCF entity with an IMS stack (possibly something like
doubango - very good IMS stack IMO).

that is the main goal of my project.
> I tried to install SIP Router from the IMS branch but I got some bugs,
> may be I should wait for the release of the 3.2 version?

3.2 won't make a diff for IMS extensions, however, we are now really close
to putting in another branch with the latest stuff we are doing with
kamailio and IMS. Just give us a few more days.