[sr-dev] IMS Module included in next release ?

kamal koubaa kamal.koubaa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:57:43 CET 2011

Hey Jason,
Thanks for these valuable information, I've got the point, and it's
indeed interesting. But I suppose that, in this case you'll need to
provide users with documentations that shows what are the building
blocks and how to configure them to get to a specific CSCF. For my
case this is quite interesting and challenging at the same time.
Interesting because am going to need to build some special IMS agents
that interact directly with I-S-CSCF through the Mw interface, they
act like a P-CSCF but they are not really P-CSCF.
Challenging because I'll have to do that inside a module that I may
call AGCF, so that I have to call some P-CSCF function from that
module, and that won't be done through a config file. the IMS agents
that are part of the AGCF module would do registration of H.248 users
on behalf of the MGC. If I manage to do that, it would become possible
to do PSTN/ISDN emulation, as describe in :

www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/182000.../ts_182012v020104p.pdf

page 11.

Chears,
Kamal