[sr-dev] IMS Module included in next release ?

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:08:59 CET 2011

Hey Kamal,

The idea behind the new design is that there will not be 1 module for
PCSCF, 1 for SCSF, 1 for ICSCF, etc. Instead the individual logical
components that make up functionality of a PCSCF is released as a module.
So effectively, you can build a P/S/I CSCF based purely on config file and
the appropriate functions/modules you require. For example, if you want a
PCSCF to do PCC, you will load the diameter_rx module and call Rx_AAR
before you setup a call (on_reply route block getting RTP). The diameter_rx
module we have released will apply for QoS from PCRF and monitor the dialog
(using dialog2) and tear it down should QoS disappear, etc, etc.

This will allow us to re-use functionality where necessary across the
modules, as opposed to the way it is now where functionality is replicated
in all 3 modules. It also makes it a heck of a lot easier to manage the
bite-size chunks of functionality in their individual modules.

Hope that makes sense.

p.s. this will most likely be quite a long task and we are def. still in
alpha stage so don't expect thing to be rock solid just yet. maybe another
few iterations on the code released so far, but with help from you and
others we could progress quite quickly

Cheers
Jason