[sr-dev] IMS Module included in next release ?

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 06:47:30 CET 2011

Hi Pamal,

I have put an sample pcscf.cfg in examples directory for you.

comments inline:

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:57 PM, kamal koubaa <kamal.koubaa at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Jason,
> Thanks for these valuable information, I've got the point, and it's
> indeed interesting. But I suppose that, in this case you'll need to
> provide users with documentations that shows what are the building
> blocks and how to configure them to get to a specific CSCF. For my
> case this is quite interesting and challenging at the same time.
> Interesting because am going to need to build some special IMS agents
> that interact directly with I-S-CSCF through the Mw interface, they
> act like a P-CSCF but they are not really P-CSCF.

This is perfect in this case. I would envisage Mw interface module that you
could use in any configuration, not necessarily a PCSCF type configuration.

> Challenging because I'll have to do that inside a module that I may
> call AGCF, so that I have to call some P-CSCF function from that
> module, and that won't be done through a config file.

There is no reason why the Mw interface module can't have an API for that
exact reason.

> the IMS agents
> that are part of the AGCF module would do registration of H.248 users
> on behalf of the MGC. If I manage to do that, it would become possible
> to do PSTN/ISDN emulation, as describe in :
>
> www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/182000.../ts_182012v020104p.pdf

wow - great!!! Please let us know how it goes and if we can help in any way!