[sr-dev] git:master: xcap_server: support parsing oma pres-rules auid

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:42:20 CEST 2010

On 9/30/10 7:08 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> Well, then this xcap server can do more than I expected so far, because
>> it can behave like a presence server :-) since kamailio is a presence
>> server.
> yes, there definitely is good potential in integrating xcap server in
> sip router.

What I understood from Inaki's email that needs to be supported, it is
there.

> what comes to sip router's presence server, a bigger job would need to
> be done there as it should be able to follow external references to
> buddy lists.

But isn't this the job of resource lists server, when you subscribe to a
resource list? I still fail to see what xcap server should do for it.
Afaik, rls module is able to follow references inside the xml doc, but I
haven't really test it due to lack of clients.

> here is an example from oma spec for such a reference:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <resource-lists xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:resource-lists">
>    <list name="oma_buddylist">
>       <external anchor="http://xcap.example.org/resource-lists/users/
>         sip:joebloggs at example.com/index/~~/resource-lists/list%5B at name=%22list-a%22%5D">
>       </external>
>    </list>
> </resource-lists>
>
> the list itself in the other document could look like this:
>
> <list name="oma_buddylist">
>   <display-name>My friends</display-name>
>    <entry uri="sip:friend1 at example.com">
>     <display-name>Friend1</display-name>
>    </entry>
>    <entry uri="sip:friend2 at example.com">
>     <display-name>Friend2</display-name>
>    </entry>
>   </list>

I don't think the first xcap server should resolve the referece and
store a combined document. The value of external reference can change,
and it is a matter of client or rls server to fetch it when it needs it.

http://www.asipto.com