[sr-dev] Tutorial: SIP SIMPLE Presence Made Simple with Kamailio 3.1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:38:03 CEST 2010

  Hello,

I published a tutorial of how to implement a SIP SIMPLE Presence & XCAP
server with latest Kamailio/SER version. You can find it at:
http://bit.ly/btrJij

Last build of SIP Communicator softphone was used to exemplify some use
cases.

xcap_server is a new module in upcoming v3.1.0, I have tested it with
several SIP clients, but I have to say is not easy to find one that
implements many presence & xcap extensions (filled already couple of
bugs so far). So consider it a young component by now, however, with it
inside our SIP server, deploying a SIP presence server becomes trivial.

Hope is helpful,

http://www.asipto.com