[sr-dev] sip router and presence setup

Thu Jan 21 13:49:56 CET 2010

Aymeric Moizard schrieb:

> Hi again,
>
> I'm still in the process of testing and adding features in
> my newly installed sip router. I'm now trying to add presence
> support in my setup. I'm using the ser-advanced.cfg as a start
> for my configuration.
>
> I didn't found any howto dedicated to sip router for this. If
> you have any pointer, let me know.
>
> Here are the question:
> In former ser, "pa" module was responsible for presence information?

yes.

> I guess the old "pa" module from ser has been removed because in
> sip-router, the presence should be now handled with kamailio modules:
> "presence" "presence_xml"?

yes

> I used ser_msysql.sh to prepare my defaut database and it contains
> database: "presentity", "presentity_contact", "presentity_extensions"
> and "presentity_notes", "watcherinfo", "tuple_extensions", "tuple_notes",
> "rls_subscription", "rls_vs", and "rls_vs_names".
>
> They all seems deprecated right? (because "pa" module is deprecated
> and may be others?)

I guess yes.

> I'd like a confirmation that I:
> 1: have to install "presence" "presence_xml" modules

yes

> 2: have to install database from sip router git:
>    ./utils/kamctl/mysql/presence-create.sql
> 3: can safely remove the old tables: "presentity", "presentity_contact",
>    "presentity_extensions" and "presentity_notes", "watcherinfo",
>    "tuple_extensions", "tuple_notes", "rls_subscription", "rls_vs", and
>    "rls_vs_names"

I guess yes.

> One note: the "presentity" database currently created by ser_mysql.sh
> conflict with the one in "./utils/kamctl/mysql/presence-create.sql"
>
> Last general question: What about mixing kamailio & ser? I've seen
> for example modules with same namings: "auth" and "auth_db" in both
> modules_s & modules_k: does this means we can use the same core but
> have to choose between using modules_s or modules_k?

You can mix, but not arbitrarily. The biggest difference between ser and
kamailio is the database structure. ser uses a new database schema with
numeric user-ids which map to SIP AoR. kamailio still uses the old (ser
0.9.x) database schema where every user has a fixed AoR.

Therefore you can not mix modules which require different database layouts.

Thus, in your scenario you have to mix database layouts:
provisioning/location from ser and presence from kamailio. That might
work. But probably much easier would be to use kamailio modules only
(unless you need numeric user ids).

regards
klaus