[sr-dev] sip router and presence setup

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Thu Jan 21 16:17:49 CET 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Aymeric Moizard schrieb:

[...]

>> Last general question: What about mixing kamailio & ser? I've seen
>> for example modules with same namings: "auth" and "auth_db" in both
>> modules_s & modules_k: does this means we can use the same core but
>> have to choose between using modules_s or modules_k?
>
> You can mix, but not arbitrarily. The biggest difference between ser and
> kamailio is the database structure. ser uses a new database schema with
> numeric user-ids which map to SIP AoR. kamailio still uses the old (ser
> 0.9.x) database schema where every user has a fixed AoR.
>
> Therefore you can not mix modules which require different database layouts.
>
> Thus, in your scenario you have to mix database layouts:
> provisioning/location from ser and presence from kamailio. That might work.
> But probably much easier would be to use kamailio modules only (unless you
> need numeric user ids).

Then my first comment would be: why have the "pa" been removed if it's
not possible to use the presence module from kamailio...

In my mind, presence & presence_xml are using different independant
database table and doesn't conflict with ser database?

Most probably, there could be conflict with modules that depends
on usrloc for example? (like pua_usrloc) Looking at developper APIs,
for both usrloc kam/ser modules they are very close.

I don't fully understand yet what "numeric user ids" are, but I would
really like to use the ser database layout for user/location/credentials
which seems really flexible compared to kamailio.

So where sip-router is going? Do you target to have only the same
core for both kamailio & ser, but still be different projects?

Is having a common database layout an objective of the sip-router
project?

If I intent to implement to additionnal event package, do you advise
me to stick with kamailio subscriber layout?

I finally understood why my "make deb" was compiling a ser version:
I just forgot to checkout the kamailio branch... That was also a
source of confusion for understanding why normal step for the
kamailio branch was to setup a ser database layout... Because
of that error, I though first the same layout was already used...

Tks,
Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com
osip2 - http://www.osip.org