[sr-dev] sip router and presence setup

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Thu Jan 21 13:10:34 CET 2010

Hi again,

I'm still in the process of testing and adding features in
my newly installed sip router. I'm now trying to add presence
support in my setup. I'm using the ser-advanced.cfg as a start
for my configuration.

I didn't found any howto dedicated to sip router for this. If
you have any pointer, let me know.

Here are the question:
In former ser, "pa" module was responsible for presence information?

I guess the old "pa" module from ser has been removed because in
sip-router, the presence should be now handled with kamailio modules:
"presence" "presence_xml"?

I used ser_msysql.sh to prepare my defaut database and it contains
database: "presentity", "presentity_contact", "presentity_extensions"
and "presentity_notes", "watcherinfo", "tuple_extensions", "tuple_notes",
"rls_subscription", "rls_vs", and "rls_vs_names".

They all seems deprecated right? (because "pa" module is deprecated
and may be others?)

I'd like a confirmation that I:
1: have to install "presence" "presence_xml" modules
2: have to install database from sip router git:
    ./utils/kamctl/mysql/presence-create.sql
3: can safely remove the old tables: "presentity", "presentity_contact",
    "presentity_extensions" and "presentity_notes", "watcherinfo",
    "tuple_extensions", "tuple_notes", "rls_subscription", "rls_vs", and
    "rls_vs_names"

One note: the "presentity" database currently created by ser_mysql.sh
conflict with the one in "./utils/kamctl/mysql/presence-create.sql"

Last general question: What about mixing kamailio & ser? I've seen
for example modules with same namings: "auth" and "auth_db" in both
modules_s & modules_k: does this means we can use the same core but
have to choose between using modules_s or modules_k?

Tks much for your help & advise,

Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com
osip2 - http://www.osip.org