[sr-dev] personal summary of what still needs to be done

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Sat Sep 19 00:28:54 CEST 2009

On Sep 18, 2009 at 18:08, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> this is a summary of what i still need in order to be able to use sip
> router in production.  they are not new issues. all of them have been
> mentioned on the mailing list before:
>
> - async t_uac_dlg support and allowing asycn mi commands by mi_rpc
>   module.  i have seen various commits related to thius by andrei, but
>   if i have understood correctly, at least mi_rpc part is not done yet.

Right now, we have tm.t_uac_wait, which should behave like t_uac_dlg
(there are some output differences, but we can have another version with
whatever output format is needed) and it works "async" on xmlrpc.
There is no support for mi_rpc async, but is it really needed? Is there
another async mi command ?(even if it is, it might be easier to re-write
it in terms of rpc then try to make mi_rpc translate also the mi async
callback to rpc).

> - any test "if (something)" must succeed if something evaluates to
>   non-zero int or non-empty string.

We discussed it, long time ago (see
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2009-April/001578.html).

For testing empty/non empty strings we have $foo=="", $foo!="", strlen($foo),
strempty($foo).
The problem with if(string) is that we don't have a boolean context in
sr, we have only int and string and
(int)string = 0 if the string cannot be converted to int
(e.g. (int)"a"=0, (int)""=0, (int)"123"=123).
Any change would most likely brake all the other int expressions and
adding boolean now (in the last minute) is not really an option
(especially since this was known long time ago).

The script porting requires changing lines like if($v) with
 if (!strempty($v)) or if ($v!="") (I did it for ser).

> - this warning needs to go away:
>
> Sep  2 21:00:18 localhost sip-router: WARNING: tm [tm.c:502]: WARNING:
> on_sl_reply("stateless_reply"): empty/non existing route
>
>   when onreply_route [stateless_reply] exist.
>
> - tm needs to have param
>
> 1.3.18. disable_6xx_block (integer)

This might not be needed, see my other email.

Andrei