[sr-dev] routing time of sip request

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Oct 26 13:56:10 CET 2009

Henning Westerholt writes:

 > I've searched a bit for this directive, and at least the (german/ austrian)
 > source i found only mentioned a max. average call-setup time of 3
 > seconds, and
 > 95% of all connections should be setup in 4s. But this applies only to
 > national calls, otherwise it would be a bit harder to pass, if you look at
 > mobile calls, for example.

henning,

in the finnish version, operator is required to measure availability of
service (99.9% target), blocked calls percentage (1% target), and then
the one that was the topic of my mail, i.e., call setup time.

data for the first two can be produced from accounting and monitoring
data, but i don't know any means on how to measure call setup time,
i.e., invite out time stamp - invite in time stamp.

-- juha