[sr-dev] routing time of sip request

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Oct 26 11:17:39 CET 2009

On Samstag, 24. Oktober 2009, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Victor Pascual Avila writes:
>  > Could you please share any document/info you might have on this?
>
> victor,
>
> EU directive is 2002/22/EU and QoS measurement requirements are based on
> ETSI standard EG 202 057-1.  i have not read them.

Hi Juha,

never heard of this so far.. So you think they really want to have a exact
measurement for all and every call and not e.g. a average value?

I've searched a bit for this directive, and at least the (german/ austrian)
source i found only mentioned a max. average call-setup time of 3 seconds, and
95% of all connections should be setup in 4s. But this applies only to
national calls, otherwise it would be a bit harder to pass, if you look at
mobile calls, for example.

We generate values like this for our internal QoS monitoring from our
accounting.

Regards,

Henning