[sr-dev] routing time of sip request

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Oct 26 15:26:27 CET 2009

On Montag, 26. Oktober 2009, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>  > I've searched a bit for this directive, and at least the (german/
>  > austrian) source i found only mentioned a max. average call-setup time
>  > of 3 seconds, and
>  > 95% of all connections should be setup in 4s. But this applies only to
>  > national calls, otherwise it would be a bit harder to pass, if you look
>  > at mobile calls, for example.
>
> in the finnish version, operator is required to measure availability of
> service (99.9% target), blocked calls percentage (1% target), and then
> the one that was the topic of my mail, i.e., call setup time.
>
> data for the first two can be produced from accounting and monitoring
> data, but i don't know any means on how to measure call setup time,
> i.e., invite out time stamp - invite in time stamp.

Hi Juha,

ah, i think we get this from a custom header extensions added from the UA
(FritzBox). It measures the time from the sended INVITE to the first received
provisional response or 200 OK. Not sure if you've this UA in your user set.
Another option that i got from the german version is that is possible to use
some external monitoring, i.e. just do some sampling.

Regards,

Henning