[sr-dev] Meeting Minutes, Berlin 2009

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Mon Oct 12 21:19:34 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Jan Janak writes:
>
>  > My understanding is that we will release sip-router sometime after
>  > Kamailio release (so that it does not compete with the Kamailio
>  > release). Daniel does not have time to work on both (kamailio and sr)
>  > releases so he will focus on Kamailio and other people (myself,
>  > Andrei) will work on sr release. We won't release another SER version
>  > now so we have some extra cycles to put into releasing sip-router.
>
> jan,
>
> i'm picking my stuff for the next release from sr_3.0:
>
> Branch sr_3.0 set up to track remote branch refs/remotes/origin/sr_3.0
>
> i have no idea if that has anything to do with k 3.0 or not, but in
> order to be able to use that branch, it needs to have bug fixing only
> status and all bugs that someone fixes somewhere is sr or k 3.0 need to
> to appear also in origin/sr_3.0.

Yes, that's exactly how it is supposed to work. Basically all bugs
discovered in Kamailio or sip-router will be fixed in the master
branch and then merged into respective stable branches for sip-router
and kamailio.

Branch sr_3.0 is supposed to be the stable branch which, once we
continue with development on the master branch, will receive bug fixes
only. The same will be true for the stable kamailio branch once it is
created.

Bugs found in Kamailio will be propagated to the stable sr branch and
vice versa.

Basing your code on sr_3.0 is therefore safe and you should receive
all bug fixes.

  -- Jan