[sr-dev] Meeting Minutes, Berlin 2009

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Oct 12 21:28:02 CEST 2009

Jan Janak writes:

 > Branch sr_3.0 is supposed to be the stable branch which, once we
 > continue with development on the master branch, will receive bug fixes
 > only. The same will be true for the stable kamailio branch once it is
 > created.
 >
 > Bugs found in Kamailio will be propagated to the stable sr branch and
 > vice versa.
 >
 > Basing your code on sr_3.0 is therefore safe and you should receive
 > all bug fixes.

fine, then we can release sr_3.0 at the same time when k 3.0 is
released.  it does not mean that the release could be used by an end
user "out of the box", but it still is a release on top of which
software integrators (like k, ser, and other folks can base their
releases).

perhaps there will never be an "end user" release of sr, but what there
is has to be a solid base for software integrators.  what i think still
needs to be done is to have no fixed references to "ser" in sr_3.0 code
or documents, but only variables that allow people to call the thing
anything they like.  now at least sercmd reference is still fixed in
sr_3.0.

-- juha