[sr-dev] Meeting Minutes, Berlin 2009

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Oct 12 21:16:05 CEST 2009

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

 > Also if there is going to be choosen a short name soon, then we
 > should wait for that first. Another concern was that additional tools
 > (kamctl, kamdbctl) are not integrated at all, some modules could be
 > merged before a sr release to remove confusions (sl, rr, a.s.o). But
 > other people considered that these can wait since is going to be just
 > a _devel_ release. Fine with me if they undertake the work.

there is no such thing as "devel" release. there are only releases that
are intended for production use, like what we have had in k and what we
have in sems.  the rest is trunk or master or whatever you want "work in
progress" to call.

 > To be more precise, for the moment I focus only on releasing Kamailio
 > 3.0, which is of course based on sr. Since ser team has no intention
 > in releasing ser 3.0, they can allocate time for a sr devel
 > release. Once K 3.0 is released, the development continues as usual
 > within SR source tree.

based on what branch of sr?  in my opinion that branch needs to be a
stable branch, which is kept up to date regarding bug fixes no matter if
they are fixed by k or sr folks..  there should not be a k 3.0 release
unless it is based on some stable sr release.  and if there is a stable
sr release on which k 3.0 is based, sr folks can and should make an
announcement of that release.

-- juha