[sr-dev] Meeting Minutes, Berlin 2009

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:10:42 CEST 2009

Hello Juha,

On 12.10.2009 17:38 Uhr, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i read the minutes and don't understand what the conclusion was if any.
> i don't understand what daniel's comment means that his involvement in
> sr will be zero, which is pretty hard to achieve if next k will be based
> on sr.
>
> based on bug reports, it looks to me that there is only a small number
> of people testing sr today.  for example, i have not seen many from
> daniel recently.  does it mean that daniel has already given up?  should
> i start porting my post-openser enhancement to opensips or what?

the non-involvement I stated at the meeting was about sr devel release proposed by Jan to happen more or less at the same time with Kamailio 3.0, because of lack of time and, IMO, confusion that can be created by releasing two sip server apps at the same time by same group, although SR is just devel release.

Also if there is going to be choosen a short name soon, then we should wait for that first. Another concern was that additional tools (kamctl, kamdbctl) are not integrated at all, some modules could be merged before a sr release to remove confusions (sl, rr, a.s.o). But other people considered that these can wait since is going to be just a _devel_ release. Fine with me if they undertake the work.

To be more precise, for the moment I focus only on releasing Kamailio 3.0, which is of course based on sr. Since ser team has no intention in releasing ser 3.0, they can allocate time for a sr devel release. Once K 3.0 is released, the development continues as usual within SR source tree.

Kamailio 3.0 will have extra patches in core than sr, to offer easier migration of config from kamailio 1.5 and to include some features that are in 1.5 but will be replaced by a better version in the future of sr (e.g., core statistics).

My presence on mailing lists and testing was really affectted by heavy travelings in the last week (among them, you country), but I am here and not going to leave soon :-).

* Kamailio SIP Masterclass, Nov 9-13, 2009, Berlin
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/