[SR-Dev] git repository online

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Nov 18 13:25:38 CET 2008

On 18-11 12:58, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 November 2008, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> > As you probably have noticed the git repository for sip-router is now
> > online.
> > [..]
>
> Hi Andrei,
>
> first of all thank you for setting this up. :-) I'll later try to fetch the
> repository content with git.
>
> > SVN access: unfortunately we do not have it. It looks like the
> > git svnserver is in the project stage (there is some python code but not
> >  runnable yet). There is a way around it, but it would be quite complex
> >  to setup: a git to svn gateway and then svn to git imports.
>
> Hm, this is unfortunate. SVN access would have been great to easily integrate
> certain directories into our tree. I don't think this really need to provide
> read/write access, perhaps exporting it read-only would be easier?

  Well, we could probably setup a read-only SVN tree and perodically commit
  stuff there from the git repository. But in that case the commit history
  will most likely be lost. So, in fact, this would only be an SVN repository
  containining automatically updated snapshots of what's being cooked in the
  git repository.

  My question is: Is this really worth it?

      Jan.