[SR-Dev] git repository online

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Nov 18 13:29:13 CET 2008

On Nov 18, 2008 at 12:58, Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 November 2008, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> > As you probably have noticed the git repository for sip-router is now
> > online.
> > [..]
>
> Hi Andrei,
>
> first of all thank you for setting this up. :-) I'll later try to fetch the
> repository content with git.
>
> > SVN access: unfortunately we do not have it. It looks like the
> > git svnserver is in the project stage (there is some python code but not
> >  runnable yet). There is a way around it, but it would be quite complex
> >  to setup: a git to svn gateway and then svn to git imports.
>
> Hm, this is unfortunate. SVN access would have been great to easily integrate
> certain directories into our tree. I don't think this really need to provide
> read/write access, perhaps exporting it read-only would be easier?

read-only (in the sense that changes on svn would not be automatically
propagated on git) is possible, see:
http://marc.info/?l=git&m=122504133928573&w=2
See also:
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2008/05/export-git-project-to-google-code.html

For that we would need:
 - decide which branch or branches will be exported to svn (it looks
   like you need one svn repo per git branch)
 - a place for the svn repo (I don't know how easy or difficult would be
  to add it to sip-router.org)
 - some tested script that would automatically (on git push) or
 periodically (cron) push the changes to the svn repo (git svn dcommit).

So volunteers would be highly appreciated :-)

In the meantime for everyday use see:
http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html

Andrei