[Kamailio-Devel] [SR-Dev] [Serdev] sip-router: modules & repositories

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Fri Mar 27 12:08:11 CET 2009

On Mar 27, 2009 at 11:00, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was thinking to a new idea of repository structure.
>
> The core and libraries do not overlap, so no conflict here. For modules
> have three directories:
> - modules - store common integrated modules now (tm, db drivers) and
> modules that exist only in one project
> - modules-k - K modules that overlap in name with S modules or other
> particular K modules not moved to "modules" directory
> - modules-s - S modules that overlap in name with K modules or other
> particular S modules not moved to "modules" directory
>
> As soon a new integration is done for overlappin modules, it will be
> moved to modules and removed for modules-k/modules-s
>
> The advantage I see is only one repository. The disavantage is updating
> the makefile to work with three module directories for a period of time.
>
> Opinions?

What should: make all and  make install do? (which set of modules)
How would the installed version look like? (all module in the same dir?)
If you run make all and then start ./sr with loadmodule "textops" in
sr.cfg, which textops version will be used, the on from k or from s?

If we manage to find some good answers to the above questions, then we
could go for it.
BTW: we don't even need same repos, if we have separate dirs, we could
experiment with git submodules (which basically tell that a subdir
 content should be fetched from another repo).

Andrei