[Kamailio-Devel] [SR-Dev] [Serdev] sip-router: modules & repositories

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Fri Mar 27 10:44:14 CET 2009

On 27-03 11:00, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was thinking to a new idea of repository structure.
>
> The core and libraries do not overlap, so no conflict here. For modules
> have three directories:
> - modules - store common integrated modules now (tm, db drivers) and
> modules that exist only in one project
> - modules-k - K modules that overlap in name with S modules or other
> particular K modules not moved to "modules" directory
> - modules-s - S modules that overlap in name with K modules or other
> particular S modules not moved to "modules" directory
>
> As soon a new integration is done for overlappin modules, it will be
> moved to modules and removed for modules-k/modules-s
>
> The advantage I see is only one repository. The disavantage is updating
> the makefile to work with three module directories for a period of time.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you want to move the whole kamailio
project to git. If yes then then the suggestion above makes sense, because it
would be much easier to have just one repository.

If you want to stick to svn then we are better off with two separate
repositories because we can synchronize one of them with the svn repository at
sourceforge.

  Jan.