[Kamailio-Devel] [SR-Dev] [Serdev] sip-router: modules & repositories

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:22:21 CET 2009

On 03/27/2009 01:08 PM, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2009 at 11:00, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was thinking to a new idea of repository structure.
>>
>> The core and libraries do not overlap, so no conflict here. For modules
>> have three directories:
>> - modules - store common integrated modules now (tm, db drivers) and
>> modules that exist only in one project
>> - modules-k - K modules that overlap in name with S modules or other
>> particular K modules not moved to "modules" directory
>> - modules-s - S modules that overlap in name with K modules or other
>> particular S modules not moved to "modules" directory
>>
>> As soon a new integration is done for overlappin modules, it will be
>> moved to modules and removed for modules-k/modules-s
>>
>> The advantage I see is only one repository. The disavantage is updating
>> the makefile to work with three module directories for a period of time.
>>
>> Opinions?
>>

> What should: make all and  make install do? (which set of modules)

all modules

> How would the installed version look like? (all module in the same dir?)

different dirs:
/usr/local/lib/sip-router/modules
/usr/local/lib/sip-router/modules-k
/usr/local/lib/sip-router/modules-s

> If you run make all and then start ./sr with loadmodule "textops" in
> sr.cfg, which textops version will be used, the on from k or from s?

there could be full path or mpath for each:
mpath="/usr/local/lib/sip-router/modules"
loadmodule "tm.so"

mpath="/usr/local/lib/sip-router/modules-k"
loadmodule "textops.so"

mpath="/usr/local/lib/sip-router/modules-s"
loadmodule "auth.so"