[Kamailio-Devel] [SR-Dev] [Serdev] sip-router: modules & repositories

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:00:43 CET 2009

Hello,

I was thinking to a new idea of repository structure.

The core and libraries do not overlap, so no conflict here. For modules
have three directories:
- modules - store common integrated modules now (tm, db drivers) and
modules that exist only in one project
- modules-k - K modules that overlap in name with S modules or other
particular K modules not moved to "modules" directory
- modules-s - S modules that overlap in name with K modules or other
particular S modules not moved to "modules" directory

As soon a new integration is done for overlappin modules, it will be
moved to modules and removed for modules-k/modules-s

The advantage I see is only one repository. The disavantage is updating
the makefile to work with three module directories for a period of time.

Opinions?

On 02/26/2009 09:53 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul writes:
>
>  > > if i make a commit on a k module, i just call the script again and get a
>  > > new version of k compiled.
>  >
>  > Yes, that would work (manually copying), but I find that more difficult
>  > than it should be (everybody will have to use some script and have at
>  > least 2 local repos, one for sip-router and one for the modules).
>
> i don't see having two repos on the local disk as a problem.  before
> copying, the script updates both automatically to latest level.  i can
> write the script and post it on the list once the repos are in place.
>
> i see it a much bigger problem if the same thing (sip-router) source is
> in two different places.
>
> -- juha

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
SIP Router Masterclass - Kamailio (OpenSER) Training
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/