[Kamailio-Devel] tcp connection reuse for notify requests?

Wed Oct 1 22:49:41 CEST 2008

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > wrong wording in my side, sorry. I actually wanted to see if there is a
>  > record-route header because of an intermediate proxy, or the
>  > communication is done directly from presence server to phone.
>
> what if there is a proxy in front of presence server that adds an r-r
> header to SUBSCRIBE request?  r-r header usually just contains info
> about how to reach the proxy, not about how to reach the UA.  how could
> the corresponding route header help the proxy in re-using the tcp
> connection when it forwards a NOTIFY to the UA?

There must be a mechanism how the public IP:port is signaled to the
registrar/presence server.

E.g. similar to the path module:
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/path.html#id2452987

If this parameter is set, then the Path header gets an additional
"received" parameter indicating the received ip:port. For requests to
the client, a RR callback is used to evaluate the Route header, and if
the received parameter is present, the DURI is set to this value.

Maybe we should make this a more generic approach: add the received
information as parameter to URIs (e.g. Path header, RR header). For
routing to the client, evaluate the topmost Route header for this
parameter and populate the DURI.

For scenarios where the proxy = presence server, the presence module
needs to be extended to save the received ip:port too (like usrloc).

regards
klaus