[OpenSER-Devel] FUNCTION ser.bitand does not exist

Iouri Kharon bc-info at styx.cabel.net
Tue May 13 18:22:47 CEST 2008

   Hi Dan!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008, you wrote:

> the mysql/postgres code being transformed into something inefficient just
> for the sake of an oracle module which almost none uses.
"None" is not quite true, but this is not the point.
As I have wtitten to Henning, the oracle module appeared, first of all, because I
saw in your conferences a number of posts like "mysql is flooded". In other words,
if the configuration requires high productivity of db, those who work in this
situation will have to reject customary and simple solutions. This was the first
point.
The second pne is as follws. Why do we think that the whole base must sit "in one
place" (that is, in one engine)? My experience (though moderate) shows that it is
more efficient to have things that refer to "the configuration" in the same computer
as the openser, while those needed for the billing, in another one.

In principle, this list can be continued but I hope that my attitude is already clear.

Best regards,
 Iouri