[OpenSER-Devel] FUNCTION ser.bitand does not exist

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue May 13 16:10:17 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Iouri Kharon wrote:
> > I think the addition on a function like Dan proposed make sense.
>
> Here I don't agree. For a number of reasons.
> 1. inline can appear only if db-engine is defined at the compilation
> stage, and this is highly undesirable.

Are you serious? That inline was a mistake indeed. I put it there thinking
it was faster, without realizing for the moment that it cannot be inline
if the function needs to be exported by an API. However this is hardly an
argument against having those functions. Even without an inline, a
function call overhead will be insignificant compared to the penalties
that user defined functions have in mysql.

While I think that it's a good thing that we can also support oracle, even
though I have no need for it, I don't want to do this at the expense of
the other database modules. So I don't really care what solution you have
in mind to alleviate this. If it will be considered better and more
generic than what I proposed, all the better. I just don't want to see
the mysql/postgres code being transformed into something inefficient just
for the sake of an oracle module which almost none uses.

--
Dan